Smith & Co is focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees, as well as our clients.
As such, we are proposing the following new policies, procedures, and potential improvements to ensure the safety of our staff and to strengthen our Firm’s response to COVID:
- First and foremost, if any employee is experiencing any symptoms at all… stay home. Upon arrival at Smith & Co each day, all employees need to use hand sanitizer then self-administer a touchless thermometer scanner to the forehead prior to filling out the front desk log with name, time, and temperature. In the event anyone has a fever (even with mild or no symptoms), the individual will be sent home.
- We will keep a table outside of the office front door for clients to drop-off documents.
- The front door will be locked to prevent entry from individuals unannounced and without masks.
- Disposable masks are available in each office.
- Washable, reusable, protective cotton masks are also available.
- Desks need to be 6 feet apart and no desks should be facing each other.
- Disposable gloves are available for handling incoming packages/documents, and for use in the kitchen as well.
- Improved and extended cleaning of Kitchen and Bathroom by housekeeping service
- Housekeeping on Monday, Wednesday, FridayDisinfect common areas and common touchpoints – housekeeping and employees (use wipes with common touchpoints, such as water faucet, coffee machine, refrigerator door
- Housekeeping to run the dishwasher to sanitize all dishes, sponges, scrubbers, etc. utilized in the kitchen
- Disposable plates, utensils, and cups to be provided by Smith & Co.
- No more community items to be stored in the refrigerator (possible exception for Larry’s booze 🙂
- New policy for kitchen area and other indoor and outdoor common areas: No more than 3 people at a time.
- New policy for wearing masks: Masks are to be worn in the office at all times when leaving your desk.
- Improved ventilation/air quality in the downstairs office with a new high-efficiency air purification system.
- Eventual staggered re-entry of employees for decreased occupancy.
- Self-policing is paramount. Any exposure to friends or family with symptoms requires self-quarantine prior to returning to any of our offices.